A formal way of documenting a solution to a common design problem. The idea was introduced by the architect Christopher Alexander for use in urban planning and building architecture, and has been adapted for various other disciplines, including teaching and pedagogy, development organization and process, and software architecture and design.
- 4 Best User Interface Design Pattern Libraries. UX Movement.
- Why and How to Build a UI Pattern Library. Effective UI.
- How and why to create a pattern library. Boagworld.
- Getting Started With Pattern Libraries. A List Apart.
- Shared libraries: which one to use?. Audrey Hacq, UXDesign.cc.